Monday 5 July 2010

Criss - Cross Card

I've had so much fun making this cross over card, flowers, flowers, and more flowers.  I'd seen a really nice tutorial for making cross over cards on Whiff of Joys blog and had been waiting for a good excuse to have go at making one, so I was pleased as punch to see that Just Magnolia had cross over cards for their monthly challenge.
As this card has a look of summer with the flowers and colours I thought I might also enter into this month Sir Stampalot challenge.
Apart from the Cross over card there are no other special techniques used.  I've coloured Tilda with Pro markers and added glitter to the hair ribbon and skirt edge.  Ribbon, flowers,and bead pin are used for the embellishments, oh yes and little hearts decorate the centre of the flowers

Tips and advice on colouring
On my previous post I added a little know how on how to get the best out of colouring.  I've seen so many tutorials on colouring that I've come to the conclusion that someone See's a technique and then follows with their own tutorial, a bit like Chinese whispers, I have noticed there is a lack of knowledge on the best use of colour.  I'm fortunate as my mother was a fine artist and  I picked up most of my knowledge from her, this does not mean I can apply colour well, but I understand the principles even if I don't always apply them well.  sadly she now has dementia and no longer paints,  I would like to make the suggestion that for anyone wanting to give their colouring a bit of zing check out good artist tutorial sites, I'm not asking anyone to paint a landscape just check out their colour combinations and be experimental.  It's fun.

This is my entry into the following challenges

6 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Kathleen

Your card really is full of Summery colours. I am so pleased you enjoyed making it because it's a joy to look at.

Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

pinky said...

This is just gorgeous, love your choice of papers. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

PinksyDoodles said...

Hi Kathleen,
Your card is gorgeous! I love all the flowers and you have coloured Tilda beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

melanie.castenmiller said...

lovely card, so sweet!
great colors!

hugs from holland,
melanie

Mina said...

fabulous card Kathleen, beautifully coloured...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Tertia said...

Beautiful card. Makes me wish it was summer here!